- Be committed, creative, ambitious
- Be willing to learn and develop
- Be a teamworker
- Be involved in academic clubs and student organizations
- Have a very good command of English
- Demonstrate clear professional interests
Recruitment process for Summer Internship Program is now open! Please apply online using the links below.
We open for applications in December and the selection process begins around February. From February to April we hold initial telephone interviews and invite selected candidates to face-to-face assessments. During the group exercise we verify soft skills of candidates and during the interviews managers assess candidates' knowledge and they are asked about their professional and academic interests and career plans. As a part of the interview, students may also be asked to take some tests.
At Citi Handlowy you can apply for internship in the following departments:
- Banking and Finance (Warsaw)
- Banking and Finance (Łódź)
- Banking and Finance (Katowice)
- Banking and Finance (Wrocław)
- Banking and Finance (Gdańsk)
- Banking and Finance (Bydgoszcz)
- Banking and Finance (Poznań)
- Banking and Finance (Kraków)
- IT and Data Analysis (Warsaw)
- Finance and Technology (Olsztyn)
At Citi Service Center Poland we offer internship roles in the following departments:
- Financial Services (Capital markets, Product Control) (Warsaw)
- Data Analysis (SQL, Access, VBA, Oracle) (Warsaw)
- Technology (Warsaw)
- AML, Compliance, Legal, HR (Warsaw)
- Financial Services and Data Analysis (Olsztyn)
During the Programme, participants take part in Orientation training during which they have anopportunity to learn general facts about our organization, its culture, history and the principles of Citigroup entities in Poland.
In addition to Orientation, participants also take part in other custom-tailored training sessions and various integrating activities. In early July, all the interns take part in volunteering activities on a trip outside of Warsaw.
Having completed the Summer Internship Program, the interns gain a number of opportunities for development in various fields, depending on their achievements during the Programme, on open positions and the stage of education they’re on.
Graduates and final-year students may continue at specialist positions, or join Citi at one of the Development Programms like the Analyst Programms, the Regional Programms, Global Development Programm in IT or Development Program in Securities Services Operations.
Internships at Citi Handlowy are offered in the following areas:
- Consumer Banking - here you will be able to work in departments related to the creation and management of credit products, investment products, and insurance products; to analyse sales and customer service quality; to familiarize yourself with business decisions, mobile banking, and electronic banking. The Consumer Banking Division serves individual customers and micro companies, and offers services such as innovative SMART branches, Universal Bankers and Private Banking.
- Corporate Banking - as part of this internship, you will work within departments such as Risk, Sales, Transactional Banking, Product Management, Trade Financing, Securities, Capital Markets, Bonds, and Treasury. In this section of the bank, we serve local and global Corporate Clients.
- Treasury - do you dream of being a broker? If you are interested in financial markets, market risk, micro- and macroeconomic analyses - this section is for you. We serve corporate and individual clients e.g. deposits, FX, bonds, notes, swaps, and options.
- Operations - during this internship, you will work within departments dealing with operational support and processing banking transactions, customer service, supporting Branches and customer service, project and process management, valuation of assets and settlement of securities.
- Technology - during this internship, you will have the opportunity to work in departments dealing with the management of technology processes, IT security, management of IT infrastructure, development of banking systems, and IT architecture.
We also encourage you to participate in projects related to IT and economy, where you will be able to familiarize yourself with the management and support of IT processes, data analysis, project management, testing, and parameterization.
- Support - these are the support departments such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Finance, Compliance, and Strategy.
In the Citi Service Center Poland internships are offered in the following areas:
- Anti-Money Laundering Operations (AML) are tasked with analysing transactions in Citi accounts in terms of their compliance with the law. Employees of this department are involved in the monitoring and analysis of transactions in the EMEA region which may be linked to criminal activity.
- Securities Services Operations (SSO) are tasked with: valuation of foreign investment and pension funds and recording transactions concluded by Fund Managers, reconciliation of accounting positions with the depositories’ registers, recording Corporate Actions (such as bonuses, dividends, mergers, subscription rights), fiduciary and Middle Office operations (settlement of transactions between Prime brokers and depositories). This unit also includes the Projects Office. Work in this segment of the bank offers constant contact with international financial markets by way of global investment funds.
- Technology - during an internship in this area, you will be responsible for conducting important projects in the departments dealing with the management and support of IT processes, IT security, IT infrastructure management, banking systems development, IT architecture. We also offer projects related to data analysis, project management, testing, and parameterization.
- Support - these are the support departments such as HR, Marketing & Communications, Legal, Finance, Compliance.